West Hall (One-Stop Enrollment Services Center), Middlesex County College | New Construction / LEED Gold
DMR designed West Hall, the new Enrollment Services Center at Middlesex County College. DMR first completed a challenging programming phase, then proceeded with design and construction administration services for the 32,000 square foot facility which now provides the college's population of more than 13,000 students with a central location for services such as academic advising, financial aid and registrar, as well as multi-purpose space.
The design of West Hall was an uncommon design project, as the building was designed in support of a complete change to the College's business model, simultaneous to the implementation of this change. Key design features incorporated include:
• Multi-use functions that can accommodate two different purposes simultaneously: student accounts and multi-purpose space. This was achieved through the design of the grand lobby, accessible from two entrances, as well as the multi-purpose room, located right off the main entrance. The multi-purpose room, the Parkview Room, also provides a pre-function space to accommodate for large events, without disruption to the student services aspect of the building.
• A welcome desk, which needed to be situated to keep in visual contact with both entrances and student service kiosks.
• 8 kiosks, with a unified queue line, visual indication of the next available kiosk, and the ability of nearly any service to be accommodated at this location.
• A contact center, which functions as a "Tier I" for phone and electronic requests.
• Back-End processing area, which supports administrative work for the entire building.
• "Tier II" administrative offices, which provide space for staff to resolve higher level student issues, while maintaining privacy and efficiency through an internal communication stair.
West Hall is currently seeking LEED Gold Certification from the United States Green Building Council.